Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Black bonnet catches AND top curved sill protectors

Superwhite R283

I'm after:

A) A set of front and back black bonnet catches. I've bought a couple of types of eBay but haven’t been the same size, meaning I would need to make new holes. I've enquired about powdercoating but worked out £50+ for the 4. I know of at least 1 other that also might be interested

B) Sill protectors (ideally carbon, but ok if not) for the top curved part of the sill (between the normal sill and the roll bar). A year or so ago I approached a few manufactures but they didn’t believe the intrust was there

Cheers Darren 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi z7.

No reply from the seller but I’m 99% sure the back ones are a different size (as I have a pair that look the same and are the wrong size, only by a little thou but still enough not to fit the same holes), the fronts (springs) look different to the black ones I've bought before so could be worth a try :O)

No luck on the carbon sill protector :o(

Cheers Darren 

Hi Darren

I met and had a chat with Arnie of K2 RUM fame about the sill protectors, he said he has tried before but never had enough interest or a sensible price in order to tool up and produce these in carbon, since the costs have increased from the time he tried he said it was a no go.

He did say that he has used vinyl to good effect and he recomended a normal vinyl rather than a carbon effect one as it goes on without creasing and lasts longer.

Hope this helps

Phil

A little update, i bought a set of these http://www.motorsport-tools.com/boot-bonet-springs-fastners-black-steel-set-kit-car.html (as suggested above) and they are actually pretty close. The spring is the same length/diameter and the finger clip is also the same. The spring seems a lot stiffer than mine but might be due to age, mines 8 years old now. The top part is a little different and the U part is a little lower (which might help the spring, as it wont need to stretch as far) but importantly the holes seem to be in the same place. Pictures https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m1azllo8wqfr6cm/AABES5jhm4sSmxNnalnIU7Ota?dl=0

• Area Representative

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the update. *thumbup*  That's does look like a good replacement.  Did you get both sets of catches from motorsport tools?

Cheers

z7

Hi z7

No, Im sure i already have a set that look just like the front version they sell and they have no spring (holding them closed) and the holes between the two catches (horizontally) arrant the same. Give it a go if you like but I’m 90% sure they are the same ones that i bought before :o(

Cheers Darren

• 1 year later...