Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Upgrades complete - Guess the Bhp?

Kal-El

So I've now finally completed my new engine install. See blog here for deets link  :)

Once its run in fully, I'll be taking it for a power run. Anyone care to guess what the Bhp at the flywheel will be? A pint at the next Penn Sevens meet for the person who comes the closest!

P

I would think that, with the spec, 160lbft is easy. Again, rolling road differences not withstanding, mine hit 160lbft, and that's with standard VVC valve sizes, much milder cams, Jenveys not roller barrels and an eBay engine slapped together by a monkey on a shoestring budget, i.e. me.

Good luck! *thumbup*

Food for thought:

if the engine made the 160ft/lbs as suggested, that would be at about 6300 revs. Peak power on 1444 cams is about 7800. That would mean a torque figure of just 145lb/ft. A loss of 15lbft over just 1500 revs?

145x7800/5252 = 215bhp

Generally peak power is made when torque is around 90% of peak, so a 160lb/ft engine would make its peak when the torque is around 145lb/ft. A drop of 10% torque over 1500 RPM isn't unusual once past the peak. The torque figure shows how well the engine is working, anything over 150lb/ft is good, 160+ measured on a known accurate dyno is exceptional.

oily

I guess my question then, is what more could I do to hit the 230-240 bhp other 1800cc K's are managing on Dynoplot?

Even bigger cams and even more revs? And even more money. That sort of power level must be pretty stressful for an 1800K.