Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yuasa lawnmower battery works

Rattie

I realised at 4pm on saturday that the Banner was knackered. Even the Ctek wouldn't revive it. Trackday was looming on monday morning. Slim chance of getting a Banner at short notice without much messing about.

Decided to pop to Halfords, A1 and Wlico to see what was available. Everything at Halfords was huge compared. No chance of fitting.

Everything that is except a Yuasa ride-on lawnmower battery. They have both terminal orientations, boltable tabs at that. No terminal covers though, but 30Ah and more CCA than the Banner.

Works perfectly. Better than the original has been for years. £35

Did sterling service at Bedford until the cluth pedal broke.

ETA: I wrapped the terminals with insulation tape, but will be 3D printing a solution in ABS very soon.

I have used one of these on my X/F for four years now, it sits above the gearbox so gets warm, and is kept on  a trickle charge.  The only time it has given any problems was April this year when the car was left out at night and became covered in frost, it just did not have the power to light here up. When I came back that afternoon, it started first turn.

• Area Representative

I too bought an Ultramax 18ah but it failed after just 13 months on the car. 
I've just bought the package dewal£50 for Powervamp and aluminium tray deal from eBay.
Happy so far...