Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Hatch Track Evening 18th June

PhilHay

Hi Mankee

Have you fully dried out from Cadwell yet and thanks for showing me the ropes, Ive had to cancel this track evening due to a gearbox problem, hopefully booked in for the GP track day at Brands Hatch on the 29th July are you going?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil. It has only just clicked as to who you are! *byebye*

Yes, Cadwell was bonkers wet wasn't it? It was a shame you didn't stay longer, as the last few hours were pretty much bone dry and everyone got on with giving their Caterhams a good pasting. I suppose that's not what you wanted to hear though!

Bummer about the gearbox issues. I hope that it can be sorted out in good time for the end of July. I won't be tracking on the club Brands GP day unfortunately. I did an open pitlane day there last week. It was easily the most expensive single trackday I've ever done by miles (two days at Spa was cheaper!), but it is right up there with one of the best, if not THE best. You'll have a great time on 29th. I'm hoping to come down with my nearly-2-year-old lad for the social though.

Hi Mankee

Thats Sod's law, I would have had to leave at 3pm anyway to get the trailer back to the roofer I borrowed it from.

Scared to life out of me aqua planning at 90mph so I still had a good day....

Hope to catch up with you soon, let me know if your going to any local track days.

Regards

Phil

Nice to see all the Sevens running rings round the tin tops tonight. Shame about the 7 that got pushed off at Paddock in the last 5 minutes. Hope driver ok. The driver of the blue BMW M-Sport came to chat ...... it was his first track day and thought he was a track hero until all the Caterham passed him with ease. He now wants to buy a Caterham. I suggested some driver track tuition would be the best thing he could do.

Great evening, thanks for organising it Andy W! A real shame about the green car - lad was a bit shaken and I'm sure he'll feel it tomorrow, but both he and his Dad seemed okay about it and they do have track day insurance (phew!).

Some very track day oriented cars there tonight - Like SM25T says, the Caterhams did do well against them and nice to see faces there from last year.

That 430 was nippy!

Really enjoyed last night and go to give another friend a few laps.

Had a great few laps with a green SV that had an orange noseband - he was making me look very ordinary on the corners. I have some video and photo's of him so if you contact me via BM I'll send you what I have.

This was my first track day where all the cars weren't 7's and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. A few dodgy drivers (one red car in the garage with us tried to go 3 wide in Druids, overtaking cars inside and outside of him...) but generally the standard was good and the drivers would let us past very quickly.

Hope the guy(s) who went off are ok. Last I heard was that a wheel came off - quite scary!

Yeah was a really good night, thanks AndyW.  Was a real shame about the green car, but very glad they were insured.  Agree that driving standards were generally good too, with a good mix of cars, and the weather was perfect! 

PS - AdC, you have an email from me! 

Thanks to the club for organising this! Was my first track day in the 7 and have to say I absolutely LOVED it. Really pleased to see us flying past all the tin tops. I had thought, before going out, that some of them would be all over us being quite exotic machinery but not a bit of it. The only tin top I recall coming past was a Ferrari of some sort, 430 was it? Have to say though that the bloke in his M5 was going well for a car so heavy. The most impressive were probably the Renault Megane or the Vauxhall VX220 that were going about, great pace from both of them.

It's hard to put names on here to cars from last night, what colours were your respective cars? I was the white one with black stripes that had a bit of a 'moment' and ended up going sideways all the way down paddock hill bend :)

I think the green car with orange stripe was Simon in his CSR? Quick car that but then 260hp helps!

Tom

With regard to the green car that had the crash, I was of the understanding that his front wishbone had failed and he'd lost a front wheel. Poor blokes only just got it as well, glad he was OK and insured though.

I chatted to the father and son with the green car, at the end. There was a 'Time Attack' car (Nissan?) leaving the pits as the son was going by and I think he just lost it. He said he might have it on video so it might end up on youtube.

Mine was the matte black, gold wheels Fireblade Tom. Brilliant fun evening out!