Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-series purple dry sump pump installation further question

Albert Donaldson

Photo to follow when I can get to the garage.

The bottom rad hose is different for a dry sump. It goes straight back from the rad for about 50 mm then does a 90 degree turn straight up then turns back towards the engine again. It joins the steel pipe here.

The steel pipe then only just clears the pulley by going over the top of the pulley and pump assembly. The steel pipe has a flattened side to allow it to clear the pulley.

Hope that helps.

Doug

Thanks Bill appreciate but I have one actually two, the one that was fitted before the dry sump install appears exactly the same!

I ended up moving the submarine over to the chassis rail as the tank I have is an ex duratec one and blocks the routing in the pics.

Question about cam cover breathers:

I can see in the archives there are some differing philosophies on this one (sealed and not sealed) and am trying to decide the best way to procede. I am running jenveys with  airbox. At the moment I have the old apollo hole blanked off and the rear 2mm breather blanked. The front large breather goes to my external dry sump tank via a hose. The tank has 4 outlets, bottom goes to front of sump to feed internal oil pump. Top large goes to scavenge pump discharge. That leaves two at the top one to breather and one to catch tank. This seems to make sense to me. However on starting the engine and removing the oil filler cap on the cam cover I notice it is venting quite a lot of air/gas. Is this breather set up correct and is it to be expected to have this positive air pressure in the cam cover, I expected it to suck not blow? The external pump seems to be pumping into the external oil tank ok albeit in short spaced slugs at idle-is this behaviour normal?

Thoughts appreciated

Albert