Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ultra wide front and rear

Culminator

Has anyone any experience of the Freestyle ultra wide front end (with or without pushrod suspension) and the SV dedion on an S3 chassis.

I have this set up but wondering what the benefits of the wider rear end are? The car feels planted at high speed but would be interested at what effect a standard width dedion would have with the ultra wide front.

Hi,

I have been running this Ultra wide set up front and back for about 6 years.

On the Track I find the car can carry a higher corner speed especially at the Apex.

Cooler front tyre temps, able to run a softer compound.

On the road I have not noticed much different from STD set up. Not that I cover many road miles.

The Quantum dampers have made a big difference to feel of the front end.

Down side has been replacing the damaged parts. They are not off the shelf so take 2 ish weeks to have them remade.

Merrick69

Sean, I am happy with my set up, was just curious what others had experienced.

Merrick, that's good to read. Do you also have pushrod suspension as per the Freestyle cars? If so, I'd be really interested in your Quantum damper set up spec and how much clearence you have with the chassis bracing area.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I do have the pushrod suspension on the front.

The clearence is fine compared to the Nitrons I've used and no remote canister to mount.

Pat and Laurance(L7Club member) at Quantum have been very helpful. Working with the spring rates I've been running.

Merrick69

Aha, now that really is interesting as I was under the impression that the AVO's were the only damper that would fit. Quantum are local to me, so I'm really keen to see if this is a viable upgrade route. I'll drop them a line and mention your name if you're OK with that.

Thanks again

Mike