Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Indy - Dates

Andy Wendler

Ladies & Gents 

For those who are looking to do an Indy session at Brands, MSV can offer a limited number of dates in May but only one in June, this being the 18th, which I would have thought is the preferred date?

To be a 7 only event, MSV will need to see a minimum of 25 people sign up.

Note this will be run as an MSV event, so if the 18th June sounds good for those that want to attend, I will sort a link to MSV's web site which will take your booking.

Price will be £119 per head, I believe it will be sign on at 5.30pm with track time 6 - 8 pm but will confirm this.

So give me a *thumbup* for the 18th (or not as the case may be) and I will put the wheels in motion. 

If you like it, remember to join us on the 29th July for the full beans GP circuit!

Cheers 

Andy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello 

Link for the event below 

www.msvtrackdays.com/l7oc

Just to re confirm, for this to be a 7 only event, 25 required, if around a month before event this number hasn't been met, MSV will throw open to the general public.

Roger, they recommend 16 but will allow 14 yr olds as passengers, apparently this is peculiar to Brands, all other venues are 16.

Enjoy!

Cheers 

Andy 

Hi Smiffy 

Not sure is the honest answer! If you drop on the link, there is a phone number, the guys are really helpful and they will be able to advise on tuition.

With regards other tracks, the good folk of BC will be able to give you more of a steer on local venues. As I mentioned in the original post, we have a club TD on the full GP Circuit on the 29th July, there will be tuition available on this one and you can drive the full beans circuit!

Or you could travel North to join us at Cadwell or Oulton, both great circuits.*driving*

Cheers 

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the pointers. I was referring to the free FCFS tuition which is sometimes on offer, just incase you thought otherwise - sorry my post wasn't very specific.

Brands GP seems a bit daunting for a first track in my pride and joy.... not much run off round the GP section! I like the thought of Cadwell or Oulton but wanted to keep it reasonably local if possible as I will be driving the 7 there.

Cheers

Edit: Damn paragraph spacing!!

No worries, as I say the guys at MSV are really helpful, so just have a chat with them. Understand your point on the full circuit,can seem daunting but Cadwell was my first TD in the 7 after about 6 weeks of ownership, take it easy, build up gradually and you will have great fun. (sorry, hard sell over now!!)

All the best 

Andy

AdC, thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to go ahead and book this soon - the price, location and format make it sound like an ideal first TD for me!

Andy, is it definitely £119 per head? So if I wanted to take another driver in the same car it would be £238 for the both of us? *thumbup* from me for the 18th June!

My first track day was the club Brands Hatch GP a few years ago. I spent the first few sessions spending more time looking in my mirrors and using the indicator than looking forward and changing gear! However, once my confidence grew I started to match the pace of some of the cars so could concentrate on the driving and it was brilliant.

The Indy circuit is short meaning it gives you lots of laps to gain your confidence and as it's all 7's (hopefully), everyone is very courteous and patient.

I would not bother with tuition on your first TD - there's enough to be thinking about anyway. Just turn up, get on track, build up speed slowly and enjoy yourself. 

We were all TD novices once.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not bother with tuition on your first TD

Sorry Simon, got to disagree with that. I had a 20 minute session with an instructor on my first track day which was at Cadwell and I reckon I learnt more in that 20 mins and drove quicker in the damp conditions than I would ever have achieved had I tried to sort things out on my own in dry conditions.