Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do I need to get chassis checked after an oopsie?

michaeljclark

So as it was a lovely day and I had a card to deliver, I got the 7 out today.

I managed about 300m before as I (slowly as I knew the roads on the estate were slippery) went round a right hander, I hit some ice both front wheels lost traction and I believe stopped rotating (I didn't brake, not wanting to make things worse)

I slid ahead and the side of the wheel struck the kerb square on and I bounced off.

I struck the kerb at I guess 5-10MPH.

I stopped and looked at the tyre (no obvious damage) and the wheel (just scrapes and loss of paint).  Nothing appeared to be loose or bent/broken on the outside and I had the bonnet off to check the the chassis.  No dents on the panels near the area.

So I carried on with my trip.

Car drove normally *woohoo* with all the squeaks *boxedin* I'd associate with it.

Questions is: Is it worth getting it checked over properly?  If so anyone recommend anyone in the Kent/Sussex area (Seven's and Classics are only 15 mins away)

Mike

All good advice, but the first thing I would do is jack up the car and use a fixed point by the wheel rim to check the wheel and hub are running true.

It was really slippery this morning, I really hope your car is OK. Sounds like it should be at the speed you were travelling.

Duncan