Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wipers

Dorset7

2003 K-Series car. 

Having fitted a new dash the wipers are dead, nothing, not a sausage!

I've checked the fuse (washers still working so that rules that out) the switch feels rough but does make its positions. 

I've read about a control box (upper left of fuse box) but my car doesn't have one that can cause trouble. 

I've checked all the connections and can find nothing wrong. 

I'm guessing its either the switch (I hope!) Or the motor?

Anyone able to shed any light?

Thank you. 

Thank you very much for the advice. 

Ive got them going now, it would seem something was preventing movement of the rack - potentially over tightening the nuts that hold the drives in place, oh well, the new switch I've ordered will look pretty!

HI Christian, I had something simillar on my new purchase. Wipers worked fine on the 3 hour drive back through the fog.  Tried them the next weekend, still good.  An hour later nothing; no noise, movement, anything.  I checked everything electrical then found that if I pushed the motor body towards the outside of the car the wipers worked.  I suspect if the alignment of the rack isn't spot on the motor stalls.  I did try removing the motor to check the rack but gave up after taking the strap off as I think it needs the wiper mounts removing from the scuttle - I'll save that for a warmer day.

One other thing.. My wiper body has visible slight movement when the wipers are going. The strap is tight so either 'they all do that' or my rack needs a good greasing.

James