Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale K series SuperSport R - Oxford

PizzaOvenKing

Hi all,

After speaking with Sevens and Classics I think I am going to do a comission sale with them, but before I do I wanted to offer it to fellow club members.  I am not going to advertise it on Pistonheads as I think Callum at S&C is pretty fair and I want to give him the ability to market the car properly.  I do however think there is a cracking car to be had by a fellow club member (or friend) at a good price.

it is 2003 Caterham SuperSport R.  1.8 K series with roller barell throttle boddies, R300 ECU, LSD 6 speed manual. Approx 164BHP

Blue with silver bonet stripe and nose cone.

Carbon fibre cycle wings, carbon fibre rocker cover, carbon fibre rear arch protection. Double diagnol FIA roll over bar.

This car has wanted for nothing while under my ownership, which has been 3 years.  The car has approx 164BHP which makes it very quick and capable.  Its turns in better than any car I have ever driven.  

It has widetrack suspension, leather touring seats, 13" wheels, R500 repackable exhaust. Fixed windscreen, full weather gear, SBFS half hood, recent new starter motor, recent new alternator.  Appolo swirl pot, with oil temperature sensor. Removable MoMo steering wheel.

Big brake upgrade, including uprated master cylinder.  

Current noise at 4,500RPM is ~93DB due to recent exhaust re-pack.

The car has recently undergone a complete overhall by Arden motorsport with no expense spared, the suspension set up has been done the diff has been aligned as have everything else on the car.  It has had a timing belt, water pump and tensioner replaced in the last 3 months (less than 500 miles) by Arden motorsport. Full report to show work carried out and suspension set up - The engineer who set it up said it is an excellent example of this car.

Rcent new rear tyres Yoko A048R's 13". 

Spare clutch cable, spare throttle cable, spare set of mini light alloys with scrubbed tyres - good for track days.

The car has done 33,000 miles and has some stone chips to the rear arches as a result, nothing not in keeping with this type of car.

This is a high spec'd car which has been very well looked after, the only reasson I am selling is baby number 2 is imininent and it wont get used for about a year.  I need something I can put a child seat in the front seat and take the eldest child out with me.

I'm looking for as close to £16,500 as possible.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128306195@N08/2t1rcW

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128306195@N08/3rb5s0

• 3 weeks later...