Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2015 Tech forum - non-technical regulations

Matthew Willoughby

Interesting that experiment Chris, and I support it in principle.  I think you have to consider the total number of events.  If X wins 6 times and comes second with 9 points 6 times and so does Y, so that both have 114 points then you would need to count the 13th event, making that the decider. 

Oli

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stickers were to big this year and did not did not go on the car. The old size were just right, not to big or to small. This is the 1st year not to put them on, but others have not put them on their car.

Runs. I prefer knowing the number of runs we are going to get.  i also can understand the more runs the more fun. Its no big deal as long as we all know. 

Edward Lewis - 5 events, top 10 applied to 2014 - the trophy is MINE - thank you Chris and sorry Oli *clap*  *bowtie*

There is one issue with extending EL to 7 events and that is that currently the Ladies Championship is taken over 5 events and by making EL over 7 events you are requiring the Ladies to do more rounds in order to qualify (and so far there are a higher proportion of the Ladies who have won the EL cup than men - or perhaps that is the thinking behind this ...... *wink* )

Gill

Stickers - I think we should display stickers (to be honest I thought this was already in the Regs) but I think we need to limit the size. If we have 2 sponsors then someone needs to be creative with the Etch A Sketch!

Number of runs - I think we should cap the number of runs that count and based on the evidence may be 4 (or 5?) is the right number. At least that way we all know where we stand. I try really hard to get my run in as early as I can so that Shaun can run in class order without any competitive advantage from being a duel driver. The more runs we do (and the smaller the rest of the field gets because only a small number of their runs count), the harder this gets. However I have to say that I feel cheated by those places we compete at that only do 2 timed runs, regardless of the time of day it is when runs finish (Castle Combe).

Gill