Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ray Snoates comes out!

Andrew Willoughby

I am shocked! The identity of Mr Snoates has remained a mystery to those in the Speed Championship for ever - far fewer people knew his/her identity than that of the Stig! Today Low Flying lands on the doormat and within there is an excellent article by our Ray, who makes little attempt to hide that he is...

in fact...

THE HATTED ONE!

We have seen before that The Hatted One will stop at nothing to achieve Speed Championship Domination, so is this another of his dastardly strategies to wrong-foot his more principled opposition?

We must all be vigilant! I am particularly calling on the services of Messrs Collins, Howard, Spencer et al to muster every ounce of effort now that my campaign is over. If we don't, that increasingly tatty ( 😳) straw hat is going to be replaced by the Class 2 gleaming crown.

😳

I am not Ray Snoates. I am a free man!

I've not seen the published article as I'm here at Anglesey having hired the circuit for a week. After some expert tuition I've taken 3 seconds off both class records, and Damon thinks there's at least another 2 to come. So not much point anyone else in class 2 going really. You can get a refund if you are quick guys.

H.A.T. Racing

So ..... now it's out. The Hat is none other than Alan Bowler.

As I revealed earlier in the season, this ruthless individual will stop at nothing to achieve dominance in Class 2. He is now even going as far as to drive faster and gain better times to reach his ambition.

And, as I suspected, he is intending to storm Anglesey, another Welsh venue, to try to stake his claim to victory.

However, I refuse to believe that The Hat and Ray Snoates are the same person. The article in Low Flying is far too well crafted and lucid. No, as far as I'm concerned, Mr Snoates remains elusive.

However, The Hat must be pegged at all costs.

Paul

Class 2 Stat's

There are currently 4 still in the running for winning Class 2

Andrew Willoughby is in the lead on 697.57 and as far as i'm aware not competing at Wiscombe or Anglesey

Paul Collins - 692.20, needs to compete at all of the final three rounds and score more than 299.02 points from the final 3 rounds to catch Andrew

Graham Howard - 690.95 , needs to compete at all of the final three rounds and score more than 299.52 points from the final 3 rounds to catch Andrew

Alan Bowler - 593.90 needs to compete at all of the final three rounds and score more than 298.85 from the final 3 rounds to catch Andrew

Of course if any of the above score higher this will put the pressure on the rest to perform 😬

Edited by - comp.scorer on 7 Sep 2014 07:34:59

Edited by - comp.scorer on 8 Sep 2014 11:06:50

I would like to place on record that I am not Alan Bowler just a tatty old hat with mystical powers. I plan to go to Wiscombe but doubt I will make it to Anglesey as a day in the rain could lead to a soggy end ☹️

Now it is all becoming clear. The driver of car 530 has multiple identities and the comments here give a clue to the rather inconsistent performances achieved by the driver officially known as Alan Bowler.

I thought I spotted a bearded chap on the Welsh weekend and at Loton skulking round the paddock stig style without removing his helmet. I believe this to be above mentioned Damon. Obviously he was not available at Curborough or Aintree ( Sky F1 commitments) which would explain the average results achieved.

I too will not be competing any more events, but will watch with interest to see if the hat can be pegged.

Graham

Well it looks like there will only be me & mike to battle the hat at wiscome ......

Which takes mr collins & howard out of the running for the class win

So its all down to mr bowler to win or lose. You never know he may fall of the track on every run again :-)

So Collins and Howard threaten "hat pegging", call me "rather inconsistent" and then both fail to enter Wiscombe.

Thats a pity.

And comp.scorer has obviously been having a peek under my bonnet as he's calling me "Blower"

Practising the wet lines here at Anglesey with Jackie today. No idea what he's on about. Damon's been sacked for moonlighting.

AB