Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham R500 - Raceco Exhaust Fitting and Noise Tests and My First Breakdown

Looks nice, I've got a Raceco can but not polished, I quite like the matt finish though.

I have Raceco's custom headers as well on my Duratec, they come with an even bigger silencer (1m long instead of 75cm). It looks enormous initially but you get used to it.

One of the advantages of the different headers is that they lift the whole silencer up so it's above the lower chassis rail, this pretty much completely eliminates any chance of it hitting the ground which I found the larger Raceco silencer used to do occasionally.

Just curious, but as you've deleted your cat, will you have to refit it for MOT's and will the car need a suitable retune for the MOT, and then another when you get back from the testing station and take it off again? Looks nice and well polished btw.

Quoting AdC: 
Just curious, but as you've deleted your cat, will you have to refit it for MOT's and will the car need a suitable retune for the MOT, and then another when you get back from the testing station and take it off again? Looks nice and well polished btw.
Thanks and I won't be retuning the car - I can't notice any drop off in performance. I doubt it'd make that much difference anyway in terms of performance loss/gain, and yes to pass the MOT the cat will have to be refitted.

Quoting nickh7: 
Daniel , much prefer the Raceco noise , deeper and more purposeful , I know its only from the video but thought it worth mentioning
OK fair enough... I seem to think the standard can is a bit more noisy, doesn't muffle the shriek of the engine and combined with the pipercross air filter makes for a great audio experience 😬 I may try the Raceco with the pipercross air filter next time I go out, as I love the induction noises.

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 3 Aug 2014 17:13:52