Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage Clear-out

Blokko

Down to the last couple of items of significance......

Sold the 7 ahead of a move out to the US. Now have various bits out of the garage to dispose of.

As you can probably imagine, I've got a lot of other stuff to sort out for the move and to complicate matters I'm also working away from home a lot leading up to our departure to pastures new. With this in mind I need to make things as simple as possible. There is a Club Sprint at Curborough on 22-23 August and where possible I want to drop stuff off there rather than having to make trips to the Post Office (some of the stuff is bulky / heavy or not practical to post). Collection is also a possible from Wolverhampton, Cannock or Bloxwich – or maybe we could get GoNAD's to work? Postage as a last resort on non-bulky items – to be paid by purchaser at cost.

So, with the above in mind I'm not taking 'dibs' as such. I'll give preference to those who can either collect, or who can be at Curbs / can arrange for someone to collect stuff on their behalf from the event.

Please feel free to post questions and interest on this thread. Some of this stuff is being listed elsewhere so please do not assume that just because you are first to register an interest on an item here that it is guaranteed to be yours – I'll endeavour to keep the list as up to date as possible.

Car Related for Sale

SV full hood. Asking £80 Now £70

Petty Strut. This came with my SV – not sure if the part is specific to the SV or shared with the S3? Looks like list on Caterham site is £48. Asking £25. Now £20

Rover K Series Clutch Cable (unused). List £26. Asking £15 Now £10 Sold

Rover K Series Throttle Cable (unused). List £40. Asking £30 Now £20 Sold

Caterham Hood roll bag. List £77. Asking £40

here To Matthew L.

Halfords Hand Rivet kit. List £15. Asking £7

here Donated to NtL

2.5 litres (opened but unused) Halfords 5w50 oil with 2 MG Rover oil filters

and 1 Halfords equivalent (HOF213). 5L oil is currently listed at £37 and the Halfords oil filters are showing at £6.50 each. Asking £15 for the lot. Curbs / home collection only Donated to NtL

Soft Bits long shower cap as used on an SV. Has done a great job of keeping the car dry overnight when out on tour and doesn't take up much space when folded. List £105 (+delivery, but minus a club discount). Asking £60 To Shoots You Sir (Roy)

here

Soft Bits RE bag – SV fit. List £187 (+delivery but minus a club discount). Asking £100 To Pugwash Mark 😬

here

Halfords 2 tonne jack. List £25. Asking £10 To Bryan C.

here

1 pair of Halfords 2 tonne axle stands. Extend to 380mm in height. List £20. Asking £10 To Liam

here

1 pair of 2 tonne axle stands. Extend to 480mm in height. Asking £10 To Liam

CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger / Condtioner. List £64. Asking £40 To Matthew A.

here

Pair of car dollies for moving your 7 around the garage. List £55. Asking £30. To Chris Alston Curbs / home collection only

here

Karcher 2.16 pressure washer. Very little use. Asking £40

Pair of Thule bike carriers. One set of keys. List £45 each. Asking £30 for the pair To Matthew A.

here

Oil change container and Gunson Eezibleed kit. List £6 + £20. Asking £10 for the pair. To Chris Alston Curbs / home collection only

here

here

Non-Car Related for Sale

10 6 of Ikea garden / balcony chairs. Purchased for a party – used twice. Similar in design to those in the link below, but without the 'ventilation' and tubular ali is bare rather than black. List £7.50 each. Asking £4 each.

here

2.7m by 2.7m garden gazebo (poles – not eze-up). Used once. List £18. Asking £8 To Chris Alston

here

4 of Ikea aluminium garage storage racks (flat pack, unopened). 4 shelves, each 600mm by 270mm. Ideal for use in garage – look a bit flimsy, but actually very solid when bolted to a batten on the wall. List at £10 each. Asking £5 each (prefer to sell as job lot of all 4) To Bryan C.

here

Donation to NtL

(collection preferably from my house. Failing that, from Curborough). I will leave it to your discretion as to the amount to donate.

Caterham expansion bottle. Identified a coolant leak just prior to going on holiday. For contingency I purchased and fitted a new bottle. Turns out that it was a combination of a leaky bottle cap and water escaping from the windscreen washer nozzle. So, as far as I'm aware the bottle is sound. Donated to NtL

Pair of square Paddy Hopkirk car roof bars. Excludes the vehicle specific fitting kit – but it appears that they are available on FleaBay.

Haynes manual for Rover 45 Donated to NtL

Approx 3 litres Opticare red 5 year antifreeze (concentrated, not ready-mix). Donated to NtL

Approx 3.5 litres blue antifreeze (concentrated, not ready-mix). Donated to NtL

4 Yoko 539 185/60/r13 tyres. Collection from my house by a sprinter on their way to / from Curboorugh would be particularly convenient! To guitarguy Mark

Dyson DC7 vacuum that we used for cleaning cars out. The 'brush beater' does not work – but I think it is just a case of getting a new rubber belt.

Foam seat for an S3 drivers side To Alan (collect from Curbs)

Edited by - Blokko on 24 Aug 2014 15:57:15

Steve,

I would like the RE bag please. Not sure about how to get it yet. I am in bucks. We do have an office just south of Coventry (Warwick univ area). Maybe someone from penn sevens will be at curborough and can bring it down. Failing that I am happy to pay postage if it's not too much trouble.

I will BM you.

Regards

Mark

Mark (Pugwash) YHM re your mail to me.

Mark (Guitarguy) - the 539's are down to you but I will be looking at collection only. From 30/07 through 10/08 I'm out of town. There might be some alternaive options re collection (not delivery unfortunately), but drop me a line and tell me what works best for you and we can take it from there...

Mark (Powell). Have emailed you and will be dropping off the RE Bag later for delivery (at my local Co-op of all places).

Have come across an Internet service, Interparcel, which looks like I'll be able to drop packages for delivery with my local Co-op. If this pans out ok then it might be suitable for some of the other smaller stuff I have up for sale.

Mark (guitarguy) - my brother sometimes does work in Birmingham so I was hoping he could have got the tyres closer to you. Unfortunately he is not working in the vicinity any time within the next month, so we are back to looking at collection from my house...

Quoting ozzy: 
Wouldn't mind the throttle cable, if it can be posted? Unless Cookie Monster is at Curborough, and can collect?

I assume it fits Standard K with plastic plenum?

Oz.

Oz, I'll investigate postage tomorrow and let you know. I also need to check whether the throttle cable is the same for the SV and S3.

Quoting Felixgogo: 
Hi, I would like the CTEK charger please, happy to pop over to pick it up, I'm in NW Leicestershire.

Thanks

Ian

Apologies, Ian - this was claimed last night and I forgot to update the list....

• 2 weeks later...

Ozzy - sorry for the delay in getting back to you...

I'm pretty sure that the cable is standard for a K Series S3 / SV. It is approx. 880mm from olive to olive.

Let me know if you are still interested. Is your buddy going to be @Curbs next weekend?

Hi Steve,

I saw Phil last week, and he said he would be there. Phil Cook, AKA Cookie Monster, blue R300 with yellow rollcage. I think he has the number 53 on the side of the car.

If he does turn up, can you give it to him. If not, then could you post it?

Send me a BM, and we'll organise details.

Oz.