Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Coolant hoses

Dave B

Am currently in UK 7 is back home. Wanted to buy silicon hoses but can't find anyone with stock who can deliver before I leave. Car is K series wet sump and I have the LR remote thermostat. I am not particularly happy with this set up and want to try the modified circuit as in LF some months ago. I have no heater connected so I need to buy a bypass hose from water rail to original thermostat and extra length from expansion bottle to bypass hose. Also need T piece to connect the two together. Can anyone tell me the lengths and ID of the hoses I need please.

Dave B

Morning.

CBS in Staplehurst can sell you the 16mm brass tee and the Beaded aluminium 32mm joiner ... go for 250mm long joiner to replace the tee in the bottom hose. They also sell silicone hoses I believe.

Heater bypass hose is 16mm bore. You'll need at least 2 metres to loop round engine and feed from expansion bottle down to new brass tee towards the rear of the engine.

The little hose from top of bottle to block is normally 8mm.

Problem is the shaped hoses ..... like the hockey stick .... reduces down from ?mm to 16mm.

Rushing out to travel away working for 10-14 days, so above is my input.

AFS in Essex also stock lengths of silicone hose and bends. Speak to Vince. 01245 321320

My wife and I are on a cruise in September to the Grand Canaries. I believe we stop for one day in your province. If there is anything you require (as long as its not too bulky) from Caterham Cars of other sources we may be able to help? Not sure if this fits in with your time scales but happy to assist if we can.

Thanks all for the replies, unfortunately I cant even find standard hoses to replace the chopped top and bottom hoses I have. Oh well will have to wait until next trip.

Bob L. Thanks for the offer but a friend of mine visits fairly regularly and is usually able to squeeze a few bits into his case.

Dave B