Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Last Ever SLR No.127 - now with spec.

Simon.Rogers1

I'm listing the car for Kevin Evans as he's not registered on BC even though he is a member.

I will post a full spec over the weekend but for now

Reg V11 UFO

SLR No. 127

Mercedes Benz Silver and Carbon

210bhp DVA K Series with cat. Considerably more without.

Built by Julian Thompson and then owned by Ken Evans and for the past few years Kevin Evans.

There is loads of history about this car on here. Have a look.

The last Superlight R ever supplied – No. 127

Meticulously built and modified by Julian Thompson costing £35000+

Further modified by Ken Evans, Dave Andrews and mapped by Dave Walker - further £5000

230BHP at 8000rpm – 490 kg (The car has since been mapped by Steve Greenald with the original Caterham Cat and the Raceco at 208.9. No other changes made. Since then it has run a Cat in the Can silencer.

155 lb.ft – very flat torque curve above 5500rpm

Registration V11 UFO (Seven UFO in case it’s not obvious)

On the right tyres, 0-60 in 3.7 and 0-100 under 9 secs.

It’s one hell of a car!

It seems that 911's are a curse for the owner of this car - Kevin has done a deal for a 997 911 C4S - hence a new owner is required. It was first purchased and built by Julian in 2002 to his usual high standards and incorporating some very interesting and beneficial modifications some of which are detailed below.

The car has been used by me for days out, track days, and hill climbing. It has done no more than 5 track days in the last 5 1/2 years and a maximum of 4 events of sprinting or hill climbing a year (5 Miles each?). Always religiously watched for an oil temperature of at least 42degC on the Stack before using the power and the engine has never been used to the full when cool. Mobil 1 oil is used.

The carbon fibre has dulled since new and the rear wings have some cracks where they’ve brushed the Armco. The front wings are currently brand new Carbon wide CSR style on lowered wing stays.

14500 miles ish? Dash away for refurb so can't check.

Dry sump

Magnesium MB 7.5" front and 8.5" rear wheels with Kumho Ecsta V70 tyres 215 front and 235 rear

Kevlar seats

Black powder coated engine bay

Black powder coated interior panels

6 Speed gearbox

Stack dashboard - Currently away for Stack Refurb.

Full carbon package (nosecone, rear wings and dashboard).

Painted Mercedes Benz 744 silver

Watts link suspension and wide track front end

4.1 LSD – well you wanted acceleration!

3.92 and 3.6 CWPs available if you want them

Fitted tonneau cover

Carbon interchangeable aeroscreen

Carbon wing mirrors and centre mirror

FIA roll bar

Raceco Titanium Exhaust system with custom Mike Riley collector.

Custom 1100g HE30 cam cover

Mocal catch tank

Keyless ignition

Carbon fibre floors and boot floor

Custom indicators built into headlamps

Custom machined lightweight seat runner system

Lightweight battery and custom mounting

Custom steering wheel pad for extra visibility of instrument readout

Suspension.

Included in the base price are a set of standard Bilsteins. The car currently sits on Ohlins (by Meteor *wink* ) 2 way 46mm race spec dampers. Flat floored and just about as good as you get. If the purchaser want the Ohlins then he would be looking for an additional £2k. Ohlins are now well over £3k plus vat. But Kev is alway up for a deal so please call.

£18995.00

I have driven this car a few times. It has to be one of the smoothest most driveable engines out there. Its very quick.

Give me a call if interested.

07920 843146

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 21 Mar 2014 10:52:25

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 21 Mar 2014 13:30:32

Unfortunately for you Mark, Kevin is a bit of a hoarder! There is a lovely old SL500 in the shed doing nothing! Oh theres a mk1 mx5 also with insignificant mileage and a fleet of bikes including a Harley.

No his heart is on the C4S!

We will get some pics taken over the weekend.

I sold my 993 c4s last summer to fund my r500d, which has also now gone. I can vouch for Mark's offer and still havent forgotten his mint titanium silver SLR back in 2003 as my dream car at the time. I also quite fancy a vintage 500sl (but not until my new garage is finished in 6 months) and im still looking after my mothers mk1 slk which has only covered 20,000 miles since new in y2k. The SLR sounds good though and im looking fwd to seeing pics.

Edited by - SUPERLIGHT91 on 22 Mar 2014 07:47:13

Stop bringing this thread to the top! *mad*

I want it to sink down the forum long enough for me to sell my TrackSport 😬

Simon, other people aren't really doing much not to dissuade me in thinking it's the right time to upgrade *cool*

As soon as Kevin has some pics, send them over!

Cheers

Chris

Please close this thread. The car is clearly not fit for anyone to own. Look at the poor attention to detail in its build. Those poor welds on the catch tanks, the amateurish weave in the carbon. Howa could the club allow such an advert on Blatchat? And the colour is just plain nasty.

:) very funny Mark - I see what you did there - throw everyone off the scent. I am very tempted, but its in your colours Mark and could have your name on it. Great looking and spec car, and being the very last of the great SLR's - what more is there to say - if anyone lusted after one back in the day what are you waiting for - the don't get much better that that (and its collectible with its little dash plaque). Anything that is good enough for the 'Superlight Register' is good enough for me.

On another note - I always thought there was a bit too much of a gap between the original SL(140) and SLR(190) horsepower-wise there should have been one with about 175hp and it would be spot-on. What's that, there is, and its called the R300 Duratec - shame they don't appear to make that one as a road car presently (although I know its effectively turned into the SuperportR) - and they were supposed to be "simplifying the range" this year - its confusing as ever especially comparing to previous models, but we'll get used to it.

Mark That's the trouble isn't it - and R300D will be even more pricey this year if you spec. one. Theoretically its only available as a race car - but popular demand could bring it back as a road going model. This year's R300 race car has the new "1kilo-lighter-per-corner" wheels and the Sequential box - which will will both probably be popular for the cup racers, but will put the price up and over R400 territory.

If I could find a road-going R300D - I'd happily settle for that as possibly the last 7 I'd ever buy (yea right!) On paper Current SupersportR should tick all the boxes - but by the time you've upgraded it to entry level Superlight spec - may as well buy an R300.

Of course, performance for the £ - a well setup and looked after SLR or R400K - (like Simon/Kevin's car here) should be a good value alternative and virtually as good as the new R300/R400 cars (if not better in some respects, as any long standing fan of the K-series will argue. I'm still sure my brother's 150hp mildly modified 1.8K Superlight was faster to 50mph than my R500D last year - it was certainly free'er revving and more fun in some respects, or maybe it was just he driver, and the trusty K-is noticeably lighter-up-front and turns in better;) - swings and roundabouts K vs. D of course, but they're all good, they're 7s