Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Changing oil punp

Roger Cumming

Great, the wrong bit has just arrived from Redline!! Sorry to be clear it is the housing that receives the filter on the side of the block and mine has an Apollo tank which is fed from this housing by two 10/12mm flow and returns. It is those connection nuts that I suspect will give me some stick sitting right under the alternator and some of the manifold exhausts might be a problem.

Unfortunately Redline sent the standard housing although they now think mine might be from an SV which they are sending today.

Any further thoughts??

Roger7C

Hi Roger

I can't see why there should be any diffefence with an SV, its the same engine. The pipes come off a sandwich plate with attaches to the standard oil filter housing.

You probably need to check which part is cracked, the housing or the sandwich plate.

Good luck with this, hope to see you on Saturday.

Graham

( it might be worth posting in tech talk, more people will read it there)

Ooooh Simon what are you suggesting. Alright I know the old thing has had a few bashes and biffs 😬 😬 😬 The sender was tight to unscrew and I keep forgetting my car is now 16years old so I suspect the metal decided it had had enough.

But picking up on Mark and others comments above the Apollo flow and returns connect to a plate that fixes to the top of a standard filter housing. So that should separate from the housing without having to disturb the Apollo connections. If that happens it makes it a whole lot easier. However I haven't actually noticed the fixing nut for the plate. When I last looked it all seemed part of the same unit which is why I was whinging about getting it off.

I am getting serious tonight!!

Thanks all

Roger