Click here if you are having website access problems ×

speed series entry

Sandboy

After a few years dithering finally decided to take the plunge and enter club speed series, msa licence received and entry for intro day in post today, so no turning back now.

I just have a couple questions for now:

a) how to enter series, looked on competitors korner but couldn't find any links?

b) what class will the trusty old vx 2l be in, and suppose interesting to know how many runners typically in class?

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting everyone in due course.

• Area Representative

Quoting Sandboy: 

b) what class will the trusty old vx 2l be in, and suppose interesting to know how many runners typically in class?

The relevant classes for you are based on power unless you have a sequential gearbox or are not road legal.

If you have up to 190bhp, then its class 4, or if you have up to 260bhp, then its class 5.

I guess the championship regulations will be published sometime within the next few weeks.

Cheers Richard,

kindly mot man, old school type 9 and in region of 200bhp - never been near a dyno, mapped from passenger seat whilst on some of the rural roads up here in Northumberland - not sure could get away with claiming no more than 190 though so looks like class 5. Altough notice from score sheets that there is quite a bit of overlap between times for classes 4&5 anyway - so what's all that extra power and sequential boxes for then *tongue*

Anyway, having alienated fellow class 5 competitors - before the season even starts, is that a new record? all fairly academic really for first few seasons at least - start slow, build up.

Quoting Dad: 
However I suggest you keep your helmet on throughout the Intro day to save your blushes! Oh and any physical abuse 😬

Doesn't look like hiding behind username alias will be an option either as vx cars thin on ground in championship - wonder why that is? Have a strong sentimental attachment to the old vx lump, maybe it will begin to wear off once once cold hard truth of time sheets sink in.

• Leadership Team

Don't worry - there are a few of us "old timers" here - Xflow in my case. Those with new-fangled cars do deign to admit that there's something to be said for the noise (and flames) from the "pre-sanitised" engines...

Besides, it never does any harm to remind them that there was live before the K series came along *smile*

Michael.