Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Supersport - immobiliser issue

Posting on behalf of a PH'er whose L7C membership has not yet materialised but is having a problem with his 2012 Sigma Supersport:

Supersport 2012 can't get it started. Stuck at work. Turn ignition to last stage, get normal needle flick and dash lights but the fast flickering imoboliser light stage never starts as if the fob isn't detected.

Light continues its slow blink as if the keys weren't there. Ideas?

Going to try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes. That is Caterhams only suggestion.

Linky: here

I have the same problem with my car.

Try this simple fix.

When you get the problem with the chip in the key not being reconised, remove the key and turn it 180 degrees then put the key back into the ignition barrel. I find that this works with my car.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys. The OP from Pistonheads has not replied or updated his thread since I tried to help...but you all get a big thanks from me anyway *thumbup*

Hi all, Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for your feedback. My membership has now come through so this is my first blatchat post.

Caterham came to pick up the car and sods law it started first time when they arrived!!! They've had it for a few days with no problems whatsoever.

My colleagues think that potentially the issue could be related to gigabeam/microwave interferrence from the buildings on our work campus and that by removing the car from the area fixed it. When caterham arrived they parked with their van right next to it, so could have shielded it enough for it to work. Anyway I'll be collecting it shortly and will see how it goes!

Thanks again!

Edited by - Kalibre46 on 16 Jan 2014 10:07:52