Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Respray required

HeMan

Had a bit of an unfortunate incident in the garage today; somehow a shelf unit fell over, depositing some stuff on the 7!!! *eek*

Having finally calmed down enough to stop swearing, I am trying to look at it as an opportunity to get a re-spray and remove some stone chips and tidy up the front grill.

It fell on the front nose cone with a small mark on the bonnet. No actual dents, just scratches and chips in the paint (although there are some slight acorn dents on the bonnet they could remove maybe?). Anyone know of anyone in the Camberley/Guildford area who they have used before for this sort of thing before. I have a stripe, which goes up on to the small strip below the window (so not sure if they would have to re-do the whole thing?). I was guessing it would be cheaper if I just took the nose cone and bonnet off for spraying but will they need to blend in to surrounding panels meaning this won't be possible?

The paint shop can spray a test panel to see how close the new color is, if it's close enough they then could just spray the bonnet and nose. Ideally you need you color matche edge to edge but that takes a day or 2 and cost extra to do.

Blending into the scuttle is useless, it takes the same ammount of time to just paint the scuttle completely as it takes time to fade out the new color in the scuttle.

For the side panels you need at least a decent colormatch to avoid a respay for the side panels. Failing that you could run a pinstripe to avoid that the 2 colors sit edge to edge.