Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack shift lights

johnv

I rather fancied the stack one .. I will try stack, but last time I rang them about something else they didn't really know anything about the caterham installation and told me to ring caterham, and there the circle began .. I just wondered if anyone had actually done it ..

I have fitted them. I seem to remember its a bit of a hunt for the correct connector but its on the loom. You will have to send the dash back to Stack for a reprogramming. It is about 120 quid but that gives you the chance to use the dash to self calibrate the fuel tank sender through the dash and also set the exact rev point at which each shift light comes on. This can be nice to have different settings for the road and track. You can also set the warning light levels for the other sensor inputs rather than use the Caterham ones.

mail me if you want to chat on the phone or what the name of the guy at Stack who arranged it.

Andy

I was looking at these as well ,

i spoke with Nick Potter who has started up on his own ,

there are amendments needed to the loom if it is a " Caterham" stack. Luckily i have the ST8130 so its a plug and play

if you are in the East Midlands and don't fancy it give Nick a call

John, I spoke to Stack about this very subject back in 2009 and they confirmed that older units can't have their then newish shift lights added to them but that newer units can.

Mine is 2001 so couldn't and akb has confirmed that 2009 units can so if your unit is somewhere in the middle you'll need to check with Stack when the crossover point was. From memory they made some non visible changes to the dash units (nothing to do with Caterham) at some point circa 2006/7 ish.