Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Connector?

revilla

Does anyone know what the usual name for this range of connectors is (this one is used for example on the lambda sensor on my K VVC), and/or where I can buy them and the terminals for them in the UK? Best description I have so far is KKS SLK 2.8-ELA plus a load of BMW and Ford part numbers but they must be a standard range. Only place I've found selling them so far is here but postage from Finland hikes the price a bit!

Thanks for the responses, but ...

Jonathan normal connectors for Bosch common rail injectors are the AMP Junior Timer connectors, which although also available in 4-pin are not the same. However on the page you linked to, if you scroll down a bit, there is one labelled "MERCEDES VITO DIESEL INJECTOR CONNECTOR. BOSCH COMMON RAIL. INJECTOR PLUG." - is this the one you were referring me to? It's the same range as that, except the 4-pin rather than the 2-pin, however fuel injectors only use the 2-pin so injector suppliers don't seem to carry the 4-pin.

It's not Econoseal, Sureseal or Packard Timer either, and doesn't appear to be any of the ones stocked by Polevolt or Simtek either.

The 2-pin version of it is also used for the EU3 coil packs.

It's one of these described as a "KKS SLK 2,8 ELA, 4" with part numbers MB: 0001530842, Ford: 4S7T-14A464-AB, Citroen: 964898258, BMW: 1436157.

Maybe a Ford, Citroen or BMW dealer may have them, although whether they would stock and sell the terminals for them I'm not sure and I don't have part number for them. I suppose I could just stick a different connector on both ends but the one on the lambda sensor has a bracket to mount to the rear cam belt cover (being a VVC I have two!) and I'd like to replace like with like and keep it correct. Postage from Finland doesn't look too bad actually. If I don't spot anything better I'll order from Finjector.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Ah... you're ahead of me. It was just the physical similarity I'd spotted. I looked at the page for that "MERCEDES VITO" and it warned that it wasn't the common one. But as they are the same family of connector would it be worth contacting the seller? The 2-pin and 4-pin might take the same terminals.

Good luck

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 16 Aug 2013 10:41:16