Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CATERHAM 7 OR SALE.

JohnForbes-Crisp

1995 ACADEMY 1400CC SUPERSPORT ROVER 'K'SERIES.MONTE CARLO BLUE WITH WHITE NOSECONE.[NEVER RACED].MILEAGE 20230 5 SPEED GEARBOX.BLACK PACK.EARLY S TYPE LEATHER SEATS.IMMOBILISER.START BUTTON.4 POINT HARNESS.SHIFT LIGHTS.MONO REMOVABLE STEERING WHEEL.CARBON FIBRE FRONT MUDGUARDS.SILL PROTECTORS AND REAR ARCH STONEGUARDS.NEW ANTHRACITE AND ALLOY MINILITES X 5.TONNEAU.SHOWER HOOD.FULL HOOD.SPA MIRRORS.LUGGAGE RACK.SPARE EXHAUST.FULL SET OF SILICON HOSES MARCH 2013.

SERVICED AND MAINTAINED BY LAST 3 OWNERS,JAMES WHITING SEVENS.

MOT 6TH.JUNE 2014 TAXED 30TH.SEPTEMBER 2013

ILL HEALTH FORCES SALE AT REDUCED PRICE OF £10,950.[sITTING PRETTY ON DRIVEWAY,IS NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE!].

RE-ADVERTISED DUE TO FRENCH TIMEWASTER ON 'PISTONHEADS'.

PLEASE CONTACT JOHN ON BLATMAIL OR E-MAIL;john.forbes.crisp777@btinternet.com FOR PHOTOS etc.

☹️ ☹️ ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm confused - the Academy started in 1995 with the Ford Kent engine (and as the Caterham Scholarship). It changed to Academy in 2001 and replaced the Vx 1.6 with the Rover 1.4 - is this a 2001 or later car on a personalised M plate???

It's not coming up for me on the Pistonheads link...

I am not in the business of "Money is Power",or shall we say,"The Monopoly to create money and charge interest is Absolute Power".I was many years ago an Introducer for an Associate Partner of this company.Thankfully the door was shut.

Therefore,I only ask,now,for the amount I PAID WHEN I BOUGHT MY 7.

£10.500.00

John.[Christina Carer Services For You]

• Leadership Team

Lee, back in '95 it was the Caterham Scholarship, although IIRC (if I recall correctly) they were all 1600cc Vauxhall engined cars at that time. The swap to the K-Series came with the 1600K some time later.

However back in '95, Caterham ran the "C-Class" race series, 1400cc K-Series cars with MSA sealed engines to keep the costs down. The cars were all 1400 Supersport spec with the forward facing alluminium plenum (replaced with the inferior plastic version on 1600/1800 cars), had an LSD, 5 sp gearbox, rear anti-roll bar, 13" wheels shod with AO21R's, and an oil cooler. The specification for the price was good and many were sold but never raced ... I had one such car *thumbup* They were a higher spec than Scholarship cars of the time which were live axle.

I suspect John's car is actually a C-Class car rather than a Scholarship or Academy. GLWTS *thumbup*

Stu.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a dealer that will give me the best price,please?

Cash needed urgently now... for health reasons.Would rather sell to an enthausiast ,but no one seems interested.

Is the price too high in the economical climate?

All suggestions on a 'selling price' ,would be appreciated please.

Thanks,John. *wavey*

Quoting Alan Reeves: 
trying to remember the guy in/near Redhill Sy that has been selling secondhand 7s for years and doesnt deal in the later versions. this seems in his ball park?

No names no pack drill but there is one dealer in that part of the world who I know would lowball John even more than I would for this car 😳

Nigh on a decade ago I looked at an identical spec car as this in Hatfield and we were talking £8500 for it. The market is odd at the moment...lots of cars seem not to be selling at what one would have considered reasonable prices a year or two ago.