Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2013 Championship - Round 5 - Epynt Hill Climb

CaterBram

After a very went weekend, with it seemed that as much time was spent off the black stuff as on it, No new class records or Personal Bests were set so there are no Edward Lewis awards on this event.

Class 1 - Steffan Eldred - 69.29s

Class 2 - Paul Collins - 69.20s

Class 3 - Jon Ward - 65.33s

Class 4 - Jeremy Davies - 62.17s

Class 5 - Shaun Elwell - 61.46s

Class 6 - Simon Rogers - 61.48s

Ladies - Joy Hoyle - 94.76 points

Full results here

As always let me know if you spot an error.

Yellow trowel must go to Graham H (hope you and the car are ok Graham)

I got red flagged and spotted Graham about 50 yards off the track in the field by the first chicane! *nono*

Congrats to Jon *mad* for beating me again 😬

Although wet all day, a thoroughly enjoyable days hooning.

Jeff.

(who buggered off early to higher ground to try to get a phone signal to reply to an emergency text from home, that turned out not to be an emergency but succeeded in me getting totally lost on a firing range *eek* )

They would have been if they worked 😔

Traction was impressive other than so wet even it had trouble keeping up. Launch just seemed to stop me getting off the line. Cutting in so aggressively. My fastest I me came when I switched launch off. Tried it again for the last run and water in the works stopped play again.

You may all have the old 2nd to 3rd gear change excuse - at least let me blame the technology 😬

My video shows me actually a full first chicane ahead on my last run if I sync them after 100yds from the start. Hey ho. At least I stayed on the black stuff just about.

Wait until you see Dai's last run *eek*

I suppose I have to own up about my excursion off road....

Coming over the hump before the first chicane I somehow got a wheel off to the left and this launched the car off track to the right. From them on I was a passenger as I slithered across the wet grass for about 50 yards. Fortunately I came to a halt before hitting the trees which were rapidly approaching. Quite a scary moment.

Car looks OK apart from cosmetic damage and the underside being caked in mud.

Well done to Paul for winning class 2. Mostly a fun day despite the rain.

Edited by - Graham Howard on 17 Jun 2013 17:12:34

I thought there may be an error such as that Jem as there were so many of you leaving the track left right and center looks like they got mixed up.

I have asked the time keeper to check the ticker tape. *thumbup*

And your time was 62.84sec - probably more what you thought.

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 17 Jun 2013 17:22:54

I guess I need to do what the locals do and pop up from Swansea at the weekends to practice 😬. Well done to all for a challenging day on the hill. I is so difficult to get everything right. Well done Jeremy for winning class 4 two years in a row.

Plan for Castle Combe does not include a spin but might change my mind on the day *eek*

David

Timing errors *eek* 😳 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏻‍♂️

I knew it! My last run was much quicker than any of my others, I know this because it felt good. Just like it did at Llys y Fran, Llandow, Curborough...........

😬