Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mino Trailer

BSA

Will a SV Supersport R fit on an original Brian James Mino Trailer ? The one with the lay on top ramps

if not will it fit on a Mino Max with the pull out Ramps or will i need the Clubman ?

Thanks Grubster but we don't have the car yet its on order we are waiting to here back from Caterham the exact width ,I am also waiting to here back from Brian James as well

I kicked this around for some time too. I measured my SV with 6 inch tyres which theoretically would fit on a minnow max with about 1cm each side. Searched the archives but could not find a definitive answer or anyone with an SV and minnow max combo. When I spoke to BJ they were unsure as although the car might fit they had concerns about the ability to strap it down as the straps could foul the wheel arches. They suggested I brought the car up to try out on one. Meanwhile a 2 year old TT came up on pistonheads so I snapped it up. Fits fine both for car and in the garage. Mine does not have the folding hitch but still fits, just, in the garage.

Mark

I also investigated what BJ trailers I could get my CSR on and in the end found I needed a Clubman.

I took my car to a local trailer hire company and we offered it up to the various models he had in stock so I could physically see the clearance available. Some of the smaller ones were just about possible for the wheels to fit onto the bed but the trailer lights fouled the car rear wheel arches. Possibly later BJ trailers have the lower light clusters that clear the load bed better so this may be resolved. I also thought it would be a real pain trying to get the car on with very little room either side for error.