Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Microcom 3 - headset reliability

Edzup Ezzer

The LH channel in my Microcom 3 headset (from Sensorcom) has failed so all that functions is the mic and the RH earpiece. I've confirmed this by a process of elimination so it's not a) me or b) my Autocom SPA set.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of failure with their Microcom 3 headset, as this is the second one that's failed on me. What's the view on Microcom reliability? The first one was replaced FOC by Sensorcom because of a similar intermitent failure, soon after I had it, but that was a while back. I'm not expecting a similar response from them this time.

Ezzer

Not had a problem with mine, other than a wire came off in the DIN plug (worth checking that if you haven't already).

Failing that, give Richard Frankson a call as he has been very helpful in the past *thumbup*

Mine's the same, LH ear piece isn't working.

Contacted Sensorcom and they quoted something like £35+vat for standard repair charge. Might have been more, maybe even £40.

Mine is still not working - thought that was a bit steep. Just ordered the bits to make some ear defender types now we're aeroscreened, so will investigate further then. I'll report back if I find out what the fault is.