Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I.6 K Exhaust. Upgrade or not?

Mike and M

I have a 1.6 K series in my seven that I built at the beginning of last year. It may be one of the last of the Sevens to be built with this engine. It has the standard Caterham exhaust that sounds fine but does not look so good. I would like to know if there is any advantage in upgrading it to a four into one, something like Fast Road Conversions manufacture or similar. At over a grand I do not want to change it just because it looks good. Any info would be appreciated.

Amazing, when I built mine in 2009 I was told there were only six K series engines left!!!!

Opening a can of worms talking about upgrades, where do you want to start?

Exhaust is your first 'investment' on the route to many more upgrades, supposedly improving mid range torque. Also prepares the car for throttle bodies, ported head, upgraded cams etc etc etc.

Start saving!

I recently changed my exhaust from the standard system with the cat to a 4-1 without a cat and it has completely transformed the car!! Before when I reved the car up the revs would hover on the way down almost as if the throttle was sticking but it wasn't, and all the power would be above 5k. Now it revs straight up and back down and it has really smoothed out the power and pulls alot stronger the whole way up the rev range! I would defiantly recommend it!