Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Various bits inc. Carbon!

Fishy Dave

After a bit of upgraditis I have a few bits for sale as follows -

Pair of unpainted Caterham Carbon Fibre front wings, used but in good condition. Previously mounted using Sikaflex so no drill holes except for the necessary cut outs for the indicators. I was intending to fit them to my car but decided to fit standard red wings instead (didn’t think unpainted carbon nose and wings looked quite right on my car). New from Caterham these are £228 each = £456

£110 + postage PROVISIONALLY SOLD TO PETER

High port K head, hardness tested by Dave Andrews in December 2012, all checks out fine. Removed from my old 1400 engine as I have used the solid lifters and cams in my current 1600 engine. Originally from a 1400 engine, would make a good spare head or basis for higher powered head with porting. The head covered around 30k miles and has had no head gasket issues in my ownership (6 years), but has had a skim once in the past.

£70 to be collected

EU3 Cam cover and plastic cover both in a tidy condition

£15 + postage

4 x 1600 standard pistons and rods, low mileage, covered around 17k miles, pistons still have their rings fitted. Ideal if you want to upgrade your 1400 to a 1600.

£60 + postage

16x K series hydraulic lifters, brand new in 2010, covered around 4k miles in my 1600 engine (replaced with solid lifters), very good condition. New from Caterham these are £19.20 x 16 = £307!

£30 + postage

16 x standard K series valve springs and seats, again from low mileage (17k) 1600 engine

Free to collect, donation to NTL welcome

Standard 1400 36-2 flywheel, good condition, I removed it in December to be swapped for an R500 flywheel.

£10 collected

Dipstick(complete and unbroken) and tube

£5 + postage

1400 bottom end, maybe useful to you for the pistons, rods or crank? Covered around 30k miles.

Free to collect, donation to NTL welcome

Pair of Vinyl half doors with press studs fitted, home made modification to fit side impact bar on drivers side and not the tidiest (although adequate for my needs), as such these aren’t for a polishers car! Maybe suit sprint or race car?

£10 + postage

Pair of used ‘race’ lowered front wings stays. I bought a brand new set from Caterham and fitted them along with new front wings last weekend. Thinking I had a set of standard front wing stays, I took before and after photos only to find they are the same *redface* *rolleyes* !!!! So, am selling my used, slightly tatty and rusty lowered front wing stays, drilled for wings. With work or blasting I have no doubt these can look perfect again as they are straight and undamaged.

New from Caterham these are £56 each = £112. I am asking £35 +postage

PROVISIONALLY SOLD TO MANKEE

Please can I ask that all offers are made by posting here out of fairness to all. You are welcome to blat mail me or call me on my mobile to ask questions 07718 368173.

Cheers, Dave

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 6 Apr 2013 16:09:31

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 7 Apr 2013 15:04:25

Sorry Nick, just beaten to it, yes, they were the standard CC 13/14" with ridge.

Mankee, would you mind sending me a blatmail so I have your e-mail address again, happy to send a pic, either that or your mobile no. and will send you an MMS. *smile*

Hi,

I am interested in the head. Is this a complete head (with lifters, cams, valves etc.)? I see you say you've used the solid lifters from it but did you swap in the hydraulic lifters at the same time?

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Mark, have sent Mankee a couple of photos, will let you know if he doesn't go for them.

Hi Gary, best to consider the head as a bare casting, although I have included the valves if anyone wants them. I am selling the hydraulic lifters further down in the advert, happy to consider a price on both. *smile*

• 6 months later...