Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Grip Tyre Softener

Supersprint1988

I've used it in the past, it's really good if you've bought some slicks that have gone a bit hard and you want a short-term rejuvenation for a trackday or whatever. You need to scrub the tyres clean, and apply 4-5 coats, then let soak in for about 3-4 days before you're going to use them, and the results are pretty good i must say.

It is banned for sprints/hillclimbs, and believe me, everyone who has ever used it can recognise the smell a mile off, there's no point trying to deny it. Think hasheesh 😳

If its banned from hillclimbs it must make a difference :)

How long does it last? Does the effect dissipate when the tyres are exposed to heat or the elements?

As tyres harden with age and some people's second cars are probably on the same fronts as 7 years agoa if it lasts for a while it's probably worth it on a fast road car.

I think it only lasts for as long as it has penetrated the surface, so if you've got some old dried-out slicks you'd like to get a good trackday out of, that will be fine, but you'd need to re-dress and re-apply for another day out, unless it was within a couple of weeks or so.