Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dead Battery

dom69

Been trying to charge the Banner battery on the seven and it doesn't seem to be taking the charge, I think i let it run down too low. Is it time to get a new one? Have been charging for about 14 hours now but not enough to even turn the engine over. *cry*

Thanks

Had the same thing. Started the car on jump leads and ran it for a while, after which it charged normally. I assume the alternator is enough to get the process going but the charger is not.

I have an excellent RAC branded charger with a start facility. After charging for 20 minutes you flick a switch and it gives you 5 seconds cranking power.

If the above fails it is probably time for a new battery, in my experience anyway.

got it started so went for a quick 20 mile trip, i realise its not a great time to go(heater on, lights on) but when i got home and tried to restart, the starter just 'clicked' although now there's enough charge to put the immob on, have left charging again to see what happens.

richard- got no mail yet

*wavey*UPDATE

After charging the battery for 24hrs still nothing, have now had new one fitted thanks to Richard (jj48), also got a cuppa out of him 😬. his diagnoses was very accurate, it was f*****. Thanks again for all help in this matter.

I have also just tried to gor for a ride and found i had a flat battery. I was lucky and managed to jump using my second car.

I have been contemplating getting a battery conditioner for some time. I have done a bit of reserach but thought i might ask you guys what is the best one.

I have checked the 12 volt ciggie lighter and it works when the car has no keys in ignition so thats good news for convienience charging from there.

I dont want to spend £100 but i suppose £50 is a good start and should probably get me what i want. Any ideas? Would be great to get one at the weekend if possible but i dont want to be stuck buying a substandard one just cause i went to Halfords.