Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hayabusa Power

DaveK

For any one with an interest Mick jones hayabusa engined car which defeated PC's k series @ curborough was eventually run up on Emeralds rollers and recorded a fantastic figure of 213bhp/127 lbft@ 6000 rpm.

Not to shabby for an engine that is still running a std suzuki ecu.

Further development with cam timing and ignition/fueling when a mappable ecu is fitted should release even better figures.

Doug's caterham has also now been fitted with 1500cc engine although it runs some american webb cams which give a claimed 15bhp increase over micks car.

preliminary testing has showed that top end power is definately stronger.

Roll on curborough hopefully with some soft compound ACB10 to even up the fight. *wink*

Dave

Chris

The rpm figure is for the torque ,peak power was about 9500.

This was the calculated bhp figure @ flywheel by emerald taking into account the losses on the RR.

With emerald being a common RR , then people can reference against how there own engines performed .

Dave

That is the same rolling road that measured my big engine at 250bhp three visits running. Fixing the top end fuelling lifted the peak to 253 on the last visit; the other parts of the power curve lined up exactly over the repeat runs. The Emerald rolling road seems to be remarkably consistent and a good place to get fair comparison data.

Obviously I can't explain how with a 40bhp advantage and sticky tyres I lost to the hedgeabuser by three hundredths of a second. No. Really. I am over it. I am. Not sensitive about that at all.

huh PC, you think you are hung up over it. How do you think your car feels?? Have you no empathy man? I have just been out counselling it. We've just got to "winning isn't everything,winning isn't everything,winning isn't everything,winning isn't everything,winning isn't everything"

Have a heart for heaven's sake

Graham