Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mech OPG

Sandy

I've had the 7FAQ set up fitted to my car for some time and recently nipped up all the hose connections in the engine bay as one of the connections was weeping.

I was at Combe on Monday and on start up the guage initially showed no OP before gradually building up in increments before showing good and consistent OP. I ran 100 miles on a v wet track day with seeming no problems although revs and driving not full on due to conditions.

When running there was no fluctuation in gauge reading (there used to be) and each time on start up the gauge would gradually build up from no OP.

Thinking my nipping up may have restricted the flow to the guage I loosened everything off today but the problem remains.

Im at Donnie Sunday where I expect things to be alot more full on so just wondered if anyone had any idea as to what the problem could be?

Dry sump system appears to be working ok and oil pumping around. Im a bit worried about losing the fluctuations and accuracy as its good to monitor OP drop at chicane before pit straight

3-4 mins but it takes a similar time for the reading to drop when the engine is killed

I'll check all hoses later and make sure I havent kinked or twisted anything and failing that try Neils suggestion

Did another 100 miles last night so am sure id know by now if there was something more sinister at fault