Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicators stopped working

ben2

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help.

My indicators were working (as were the hazards) but now only the hazards work.

Form reading the forums and talking to a few people the hazard warning switch is normally the culprit, however switch is new, and I have replaced it again, with another new one. No combination of switching has any effect, the hazards work, but the indicators don't.

I took the indicator switch apart and that is functioning fine too, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas of things to check - cars going for MOT tomorrow morning....

Thanks

Mark

• Area Representative

I have had a problem with the indicators recently.

On my (live axle/crossflow) Scholarship car ('96 era) car the hazards and indicators go through a relay and the indicator unit, located one above the other (are Caterham fuse/relay panels wired in a unified format?).

If the relay is faulty, the hazards will work but the indicators will not (on mine, the relay fault was such that the fuse for the indicators would blow straight away)

I have working hazards but no indicators on my track car. As in, literally no way of switching the indicators on individually as I've used the indicator switch for an oil/water temp switch and have no front lights! If you get really stuck, you are welcome to take a little jaunt up to Ipswich and see if we can rob something from my car to get you through the MOT. It is immobile at the moment anyway, and has been for almost 3 months. ☹️

I'd qualify M25 Traveller's reply by saying that on my car, the flasher unit stays securely in place but the wires at the back fall out. Not regularly, but more than once over the years. If you push home the flasher unit it won't make a difference, you have to feel round the back of the block to where the wires go into the unit and make sure they're fully pushed home. Of course, that's on a fairly old car. Its probably all done with wifi and bluetooth nowadays.

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your replies.

The winner is ashaughnessy! Pulled the fuse/relay block off, and found the earth wire on the flasher relay was pushed back. 10 seconds later flashing lights!

As a bonus car passed it's MOT this morning, happy days!

Thanks again

Mark