Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club Track Evening - Brands Hatch Indy - 26th July

Jude

Had quite a yucky journey as expected but kept company by two other Caterhams for some of it *wavey*

Great evening, nice to meet some new people and so nice to finally have the car moving around a bit in the way I want it to! Only took an hour to get home too *wink*

Cheers!

Hear, hear,

Thanks for arranging a great evening on the track.

I wish I had booked a tuition session though, as I saw many different lines through the corners I had no idea which was the best!!

One observation for possible discussion with MSV, the time gap between day and evening sessions was too short (30mins) to allow day users to clear out of paddock area. This caused some congestion and the odd bit of consternation from day session drivers when we turned up and started trying to find places to park cars, trailers and generally drop off gear to be ready to take over garages before the briefing, sighting laps and start. Similar congestion apparent when we finished and the biker community poured into the paddock.

Phil

Thanks for organising this Geoff and for providing the great weather! Maybe a bit too hot? - only joking! 😬

Apologies to the Grads competitor whose garage we invaded, in case he reads this. As Phil said, it was a bit chaotic trying to park, get noise tested, get ready etc. etc. but we all got there in the end.

I think I may even have some video of me overtaking Shad! Ok, he was pulling into the pits at the time but...

*arrowup* 😬

Who was piloting L7 FST? We had a brief chat but I didn't catch your name nor what was under the hood. That and the red Westfield were about the quickest things out there as far as I could tell (the westie by some margin!) *thumbup*

Thanks for arranging a very enjoyable evening at Brands *thumbup* Good to see the local club members spectating. *wavey*

There certainly were some novel lines through the corners! It must have been pretty intimidating for the novices and Brands Hatch first timers. Would a sessioned evening (Novice, Intermediate, Experienced) have been preferable?

I can’t see what could have been done to alleviate the congestion during the change from the track day to the track evening, without someone losing out on track time particularly as both were fully booked. Did think it was unnecessary though to close the track to allow the artic trucks to cross... only for them to park up on the entrance road and still be there at the end of the evening.

Shad - were you in the yellow Superlight? Mine's an SLR. That near-miss opposite the pits was a bit scary, wasn't it.. *eek*

Fishy Dave - sorry we didn't meet up 😶‍🌫️(you borrowed my yard to park your trailer a month or two ago)

All - great evening and everyone very considerate. *thumbup*

Geoff - thanks, as ever *biggrin*

Stephen *cool*

Quoting Doug Phillips: 
Remember to bring plenty of water with you, it is going to be a hot one *smokin*

I have a lady passenger with me all day, it is part of her birthday present 😬 so say happy birthday to Claire when you see her in my car (I am sure that it will wind her up) *tongue*

Doug, Don't know if your aware but there are some very good (action) photographs of the track evening on the Brands Hatch MSV Club Gallery site here

Claire might like one as a souvenir *smile*