Click here if you are having website access problems ×

re-skinning a Se7en

weeman

I hope this isn't the daftest question ever to make the pages of Techtalk but here goes;

when Arch re skin a chassis, are new holes drilled for the rivets or are the new panels pre drilled to line up with the existing holes in the chassis.

I'm hoping that the later is the case, otherwise the chassis would be more hole than metal.

TIA.

Be lucky!!

Martin

Yes, I appreciate that David *thumbup*, but I didn't really want to drag Bruce to the phone and stop him working just to answer a question that I'm sure someone on this forum will be able to answer.

I'm sure he has more than his fair share on numpty questions without me adding to them *smile*.

Be lucky!!

Martin

Hi Martin

When mine was reskinned in the last couple of months there were virtually no holes - I even had to ask for the exhaust hole to be cut!

Makes fitting all the lights and wings interesting!

Cheers

Mark

• Area Representative

The panels are drilled on a jig and line up with the holes already on your chassis. Speaking to Bruce about a similar refurb last year, he said the repanelled chassis comes back and feels like new as the rivets are all nice and tight again in the alloy.

HTH

Nick

Thank you gentlemen *thumbup*

A question perfectly answered, I'm much obliged.

Steve, you should have a reply to your mail but I've been having some problems with my e-mail recently.

Be lucky!!

Martin