Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Oil Pressure

Steve B

I have a new Supersport with the 1.6 Sigma and wondered what oil pressure others were seeing. Mine seems to run at about 4 bar under normal driving conditions but gets quite low on tick over hovering a touch over the red. Climbs very quickly with a dab of throttle and doesnt go in the red. Car has done 400 miles.

Mine is the same! 4 bar when driving but falls to 2 or just below at tickover. New engine and new oil so I assume TADTS.

Mine ticks over at 1100 rpm which seems a bit high but when I adjust the tickover lower it won't start from cold. They adjusted it at the PBC and it was fine cos it was warm. Wouldn't start cold so had to increase it again. 1000 mile service booked in 2 weeks, will ask them again.

Mine is the same. About 6 bar when cold, 4 when warm and moving, but only just above red at warm idle.

I've now got a 21 psi warning light fitted and that doesn't come on, so there's plenty of pressure there at idle.

Duncan

Mines coming up to five yesrs old & oil pressure is the same as yours.

Also like Jez...to start it needs gentle throttle for about 30secs to a minute & will then happily tickover otherwise keeps cuting out. Done this from the word go, so not a problem.

I was told when I picked mine up 5 years ago that the oil presuure would do that and not to worry and it does and I don't *smile*

Mine also used to need a bit of throttle to catch and the first 30 secs to prevent stalling on cold days but has been fine since the last ecu update I think 3? years ago.

Starts with no throttle and holds a steady tickover whatever the temp with no throttle now.