Click here if you are having website access problems ×

banner batteries

NickK123

For the second time my Banner battery has expired. It was on a trickle charger and car (+ battery) is in an integral garage (ie, not overly cold). It is about 2 years old but I confess I had not started the car for 6 weeks. The failure symptoms (rapid discharge, strange instrument lights, wouldn't turn over and clicking relays) were strange and the (Banner) charger showed a constant red and flashing green subsequently. Following a jumpstart, it ran but the battery is bu**ered.

Anyone else suffered similarly?

PS. Most grateful to fellow Penn-ites for assistance - hope tea and jaffa cakes/mince pies provided some mitigation of an interrupted Sunday afternoon.

Mine is fine but failed once at 6 months but dont understand wh,y but its been on a conditioner since to ensure no probs and I have used the car regularly.

I have a cig lighter with a USB device plugged in ready for use which seems to have been on although no device inserted so perhaps that was it ?

My BMW bike is on the same battery for the last 5 years, only does a 1000m a year and no issues?

I want a sealed unit with at least the same output , budget is not an issue as I dont want the hassle as that is what I see from postings on this subject so often.