Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec Exhaust system for S3 Imperial chassis

biggles001

Happy New Year.

Finishing a new buld in an S3 Imperial Chassis fited with 2.0 Duratec and am looking for advice etc on what exhaust system to fit. Building the car in Toulouse so its a little far to take the car back to UK so looking for off the shelf.

Ideally I wold like 1 7/8" Primaries but cant seem to find any axcept metric R500. Would these fit?

Does anyone know who has a jig, can make some up etc?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Raceline do std and big bore sysatems for their short bel housing installations - ie engine further back - these go thro the sideskin but can lead to heat management issues

I used one of Ammo's thro the bonnet systems made by goodfabs with a Raceco Ti silencer - simply superb and no heat issues either, again these are made for short belhousing installs using either supersidetrack front or widetrack with CSR arches

both these options are off the shelf.

I fitted the Caterham R400 exhaust to an imperial chassis S3 and the only modification was to get the catalytic converter pipe cut and welded to join with the Caterham 7" silencer. Cost was around £70 for the welding.

Andrew

Hi I have trod this path so to speak, mine is an imperial S3 but std bell housing.

I used a raceline manifold but this did not clear the diagonal so i carried out a small modification to give local clearance.

It was fairly easy to do ( you do nead a welder)and although the exhaust is fairly close i have no issues todate.

Paul

just as another option for you, I have just had an exhaust made by BTB for my Imperial car with a 2.0D engine. It's not fitted on the car currently so I could give it back to them to make a jig if you wanted one. Not cheap (2k) but awesome! My car has the short Raceline bell housing BTW.

Jason