Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting the Diff

Michael Downing

I made sure the garage door was shut & the radio on as I didn't want my children to hear the swearing!

There's no end of times when my daughter reminds me of this... her room was above the garage. She learnt some new words....

• 1 year later...

I did exactly what MBB did when I built mine last year. Was the most stressful part of the build. All straight forward from then on.

Now waiting for the new version to come available from CC so I can get the recall dealt with.

• Area Representative

Having put the Diff in about two weeks ago on my build, I must have been lucky. I removed the board in the boot above the diff and lifted it with the Engine Hoist, this held it in place and was easy to jiggle into place. Got the two bottom bolts in first and centered the diff, then having aligned the top hole by eye as best as possible, used lots of copper slip and top bolt went straight through with couple of blows from the mallet (which happens to be the most valuable bit of the toolkit).

Come to think of it, it seems so far almost every bit of the build has in some way involved a bit of persuasion from the mallet !!