Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PRRT

myothercarsa2cv

So as I am going to whip out the stat to check if the overheating problems are caused by a stuck stat, I thought I might as well go PRRT. I have found the parts online (stat and blanking plate) but had a quick question about hoses - hoping to minimise the stuff I need to get, can I for example put the T right next to the rad in the top hose, and run the bypass to the PRRT positioned in the bottom hose cut in half? Will it be too close to the rad?

How have you all installed yours?

I fitted one 2 months ago and last week had it removed and a QED remote stat fitted instead - the person that rebuilt my engine is not a fan of the PRRT although I know a lot of people seem pleased with them - I just let him sort out whatever he thought was necessary. I could probably send you a lot of the parts you need if you can wait till the weekend? The T piece goes in the top hose as you suggest, the PRRT in the vertical bit of the bottom hose with a 45 degree bend up to the T piece. I also have some photos I could email as well?

Let me know if you want the bits *thumbup*

I fitted mine just like you said about 2 months ago. I cut up one of my Xflow hoses to get a short 's' bend to connect the 't' piece in the top hose, to the prrt in the bottom hose.

It looks great, but I've not managed to get the engine started yet to report on how it performs (nearing the end of my xflow-k series conversion).