Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pipercross filter fastners too high for bonnet

zetec

aaaaghhhhhhhhhh!!!! *mad* *mad*

i told pipercross that its for a caterham,but after fitting backplate 2hrs i realise that lugs/ fastners on backplate & filter wont fit under bonnet.. 😔

has anyone got any ideas?? please???

In my opinion turn it upside down is not really a solution as you might struggle to get access to the fasteners and I'm not sure but I think the Pipercross logo will be upside down as well. Last weekend I was on that as well and have just taken away the middle fastener section of the aluminum plate complete and on the PVC frame down to the point that I can drill two holes in it to fix it with cable ties. Cable ties now fixed to the full rail. Have about 1cm clearance to the bonnet.

Cheers Volker

I am approaching the same problem, but am considering slightly different solutions.

Option 1 retaining the Jenvey 60mm airhorns. I have spoken to a helpful guy at RamAir who could supply a filter that would fit in the standard bonnet opening and a blank backplate. Their filter attaches from behind using camlock fastenings, so no nasty lugs sticking out. The downside is that they only do the flat top elements, unlike Pipercross and ITG who do domed filters.

Option 2 is to retain the dual chrome K&N filters and buy a new set of airhorns from Eurocarb. Spoken to them and they assure me their airhorns will fit inside the small K&N filters which they also sell.

Option 1 would be the max performance solution, but oiption 2 keeps the retro 7 look.

Haven't decide which to choose yet.

Phil