Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Moving the driver seat for a short other half

Dan Marsh

I've had a search for old threads about moving my tiny other half closer to the pedals if she is going to drive the 7, and I'd like to know what sort of foam seat inserts people have used to sort their problems.

I have an SV with leather seats and she is 5'3" so we have our work cut out. The pedals are already as far as they will go so its mod the seat time. Can the seat runners be repositioned further forwards if I drill new holes in the floor pan and raise the seat enough so the adjusting lever clears the chassis rail?

Failing that it might be the foam insert option. Any photos or recommendations of a pro/amateur job? I'd like to find a solution as it would be nice for her to take a turn in driving when we go on a tour somewhere this summer.

Cheers Chaps!

Dan

CDX use cushions to push little'uns forward a touch.

How tall are you, Dan? Might be an option to drill new mounting holes to move the runners forward, so that on maximum rearwards adjustment it's set for you, but still allowing enough forward adjustment for the good lady. However, you probably don't want to put her that close to the steering wheel...

You could add half an inch to the pedals by adding chavtastic pedal plates? *tongue*

I am 6ft SWMBO 5'-4" but short legs (as defined by her physio so must be correct 😬) CC moved runners forward so we could both fit, without adjusting pedals, dont recall them lifting the seat, it only took them about 20 mins, so she could have a test drive

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 25 Mar 2011 02:00:48