Click here if you are having website access problems ×

new build

Alan Reeves

The same question hit me in November when I picked up my K series road sport 2001. It was spotless underneath but I couldnt see me going the winter without a few drives ..and i have had many! So what to protect her with. I looked at all the traditional stuff .. waxoyl .. dinitrol and after lots of research went for ACF-50. Motorcyclists love it. Fleet aircraft are soothed with it in a salty environment. I bit the bullet and bought it. Brushed, rubbed and sprayed it on. The seven has been out in a bit of saltiness and some damp and grubby roads ... and she is still spotless!! She is easy to clean and comes up shiny new. Shes not all brown and Poo coloured underneath! I plan to give her a good scrub again in mid summer and re apply it. It doesnt take long and you dont end up covered either. Now its the traditionalists turn!

Fil

Do you know "Mike Sanders" this not on wax product. In all tests in the mag. MARKT and Motor Klassik since 15 years allways the best results.

I used it by my Innoconeti, Defender and the Seven, now start to rust, none chemical evaporation like other products.

Florian

Beschleunigung ist wenn die Traenen der Ergriffenheit waagrecht vorbei fliegen

...It's inching its way to me, 3 weeks..

Factory build? - if so, it sounds as if it is at much the same stage as mine. What colour and spec? *biggrin*

After reviewing the various threads and associated websites, I've bought a can of ACF-50, too, in readiness. What are you going to do about running in? There seem to be a lot of different ideas about how best to do that, as well.

I shoved Waxoyl right up the lower chassis rails by using the optional extension. Also, every time I had to drill a rivet out anywhere on the car I gave it a squirt with the aerosol version. As well as giving protection this stops the rivet backs rattling about in the tubes. By the end of the build I guess most of the tubes will have been treated. Also Inside the DD tube is well worth giving a good spray before you bolt the ears on.

Enjoy your build *wavey*

Jason

Mine is not a factory build Im doing it myself, well with the help of West Sussex, this site, a tame 7 race engineer I found in the village and any other sould I can find. But it has set up some interesting responses and the 50 stuff looks good but it all so expensive but if it serves the purpose it will be good.