Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side mirrors - Compromise....!

glasgow

I like opening the doors fully (easier and look nicer), and when the weather permits, I love driving with no doors….. so, I am thinking of having 2 mirror mounts. One would be on the door and the other on the windscreen pillar here and here . Any Racetech mirror (e.g. here ) could be quickly swapped between the two mounts using a small spanner. This way, the door would be open fully as the mirror will be attached to it and when driving with no doors, I could easily swap the mirror

Any suggestions if this is going to work? Has any one used it before?

Ahmed

Have ordered a set from carbon-bits but still waiting for a reply - it's almost been a week, not sure what the problem is. so cheaper but no purchase yet!

Don't understand the comment on "prefer the convex ones" and size. Convex will increase the field of view over flat glass.

Andy

RoadSport 175 SV

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

I phoned Carbon Bits on Friday, Steven said they are now only selling the carbon Racetech and stopped selling the plastic ones, however, he can still order the plastic ones for me.....

I guess by now your mirrors have arrived. Have you tried them yet? - hope you are happy with them...

Cheers

Ahmed

The clips that hold the mirrorsforsevens mirror are very thin, but strong. They make no noticeable change in the profile of the leading edge of the soft top.

i have run in the rain at speed (80+ mph) with top up (including the SBFS bikini top) and had no water ingress at all.

Alaskossie

Ahmed,

Was in the UK and picked up my Racetech mirrors. Eurospares were excellent - they had a web issue and the pillar mounts and aeroscreen mounts were switched - so I got the wrong ones. Next day delivery both times. Got back this AM and fixed them on.

First impression is that they are small but much more fitting in style to the Caterham. They are cery easy to fit and unlike the std mirrors much more robust fittings.

On the road it takes a little time to get used to the reduced vertical size but the horizontal view is fantastic. You get to see cars almost along side of you as well as linking into the rear view mirror. *thumbup* *thumbup*

Andy

RoadSport 175 SV