Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heater removaL

Gill E

A little message to whoever has been suggesting to Shaun that I wouldn't notice if he removed the heater - STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

YES, I WOULD NOTICE AND NO, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

Thank you *smile*

Gill

Damp Rat Racing

Team Trailer Trash

• Leadership Team

Gill - I have to back Shaun up here. It is generally recognised that heaters are compatible with engines of up to approx 240bhp. Above that and their behaviour becomes unpredictable and is not recommended. If the planned engine upgrade could take you into this "danger zone" (will it?) then the car would be far safer heaterless.

If you need any more helpful advice, feel free to blatmail me and I'll be happy to help *thumbup*

Michael.

Gill,

I sold the tonneau, roof, wiper blades and mechanism, HEATER, dampers, headlights and front wings last winter and still didn't manage to cover the upgrades; but it would have bought a fantastic handbag - just a compromise direction you might like to go in????

Anyway,did it do us any good? Well yes ok......... *rolleyes*

Having fun with Custard

Thank you all for your considered advice.

Thank you Lynn for showing me a plus side to this (I do happen to have seen a handbag I quite fancy 🥰).

And MC, I had no idea that you were an engineering god as well as a driving god, and I am touched by your concerns for my safety.

So, I have given this matter a great deal of thought and have decided that if Shaun wants to take the heater out of the Caterham, then he can ....

.... but only from his side of the car!!

😬

Gill

Damp Rat Racing

Team Trailer Trash