Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race truck, suitable for Caterham

Fishy Dave

I have no connection to the seller, but thought other Seven owners might be interested. Advert on Pistonheads Here

Beth and I have just been to see this truck this evening, thinking it would be a better alternative to towing a trailer and save on hotel costs at races and when travelling in Europe.

It is exactly as described, and in our opinion is almost too cheap. The seller is a keen racer and instructor at Thruxton and is a genuine guy. Having measured up, both normal and SV Sevens will fit in it.

We decided to pass on it with sadness as it's just a bit of a scary change from having a normal car and trailer. Also, it won't suit on our driveway (new housing estate).

Cheers, Dave *smile*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

Used to be a 1400, now 1600 supersport race car www.racelife.co.uk

Shame it probably falls foul of the London Low Emissions Zone, otherwise I might be tempted.

That's why it's a bit cheaper than normal. I remember how that fact decimated the value of a 7.5 tonner I had a share in...

Still quite fancy it though - cheap storage for a car and a good package to go racing with *thumbup*

• Area Representative

If only I had somewher to park it up!

I used to drive forward control LTs a lot and they were great at the time, such great visibility, particularly at junctions. Close as I am to London, I can not think why I might take it there...

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Even a Shutgun with a trailer can't do 75MPH legally on the motorway, can it?

Here in Denmark I would get banned from driving for a year if I did anything more than 69MPH - and get a serious ticket too. The limit on the motorway is 50 although 55is accepted.

On the other hand I can on some motorways do 81 legally in a car with a GVWR of 3½t or less.

(I know this LT is above 3½t though, hence not that interesting.)

Edited by - RJ on 16 Oct 2010 17:57:33