Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Zetec Converters --- which clutch?

NevDyson

After some advice from those that have converted to Zetec , Pick up new Raceline zetec (Blacktop) on Monday, what clutch kit should I be lookng at using? 200bhp using a type 9.

Using car for road and the occasional track day if it sways the decision.

Cheers

Nev.

Jonathon,

I know the feeling of frustration, I have been waiting over 6 months.

Chris has moved premises and his machinist has apparently been ill.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait.....

The clutch was not on the parts list supplied however....

When I started looking round I asked the same question of Burton Power and got the following part list :-

flywheel part number FZ250

ringgear part number FT257B

either clutch kit cp2000-15 which is fast road

or race/ rally clutch parts

cover cp2511-1

plate cp5354-38

bearing ecb113

and a pre engaged pinto starter motor

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. But hopefully a Class 2 150 ish BHP Zetec in 2011. With a Dual Drive :-)CaterBram on Facebook

Chris and Pete (Raceline) are in the process of moving from Normandy, nr Guildford up to Shropshire. I've been in continual if sporadic communication with them regarding my GEMS ECU and have found it all a bit erratic.

Given their usual very high standard of service, my inclination is to be understanding rather than to get annoyed.

I changed the clutch in my Zetec several years ago and they gave me the part numbers to get from Burton Power. Clutch plate was c.£95.00 alone from memory!

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Guy,

I spoke to Chris at Raceline this morning and he is supplting a clutch with the lightened flywheel and the taller CRB for mating with the Type 9.

So I pick up the Engine tomorrow, I will post the Clutch Type & No. if case anyone else want is.

Nev.