Click here if you are having website access problems ×

stack oil temp

johnv

hello all .. I picked up my first Caterham from CCS on saturday and started to get to know it a bit on the GNMB (wow!) .. it has a stack display, but the oil temp display is always 0 .. where do I start trying to troubleshoot this?

thanks

John

thanks all. It's a 1600 'K' supersport (135bhp?) wet sump, I'm not sure if it's appollo (I don't know what that is yet!)

where would the oil temp sender be in the block? because if it hasn't got one I would like to add one.

It has to go back to CCS when the proper wheels come in, so I'll get them to look then if I haven't got it sorted.

Hi John,

When I had a K series (1.8) it didn't have an oil temp sender pickup point on the engine.

Later on, we added an Apollo Anti-Cativation tank (to help de-aerate the oil), and this allowed us to fit an oil temp sender in the tank for that.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mine has one 😬

dry sumped "k" R400 stack dash 😬

when I originally collected it, the switch for the temp sender and the water temp were the wrong way around *confused* ie: water on oil, oil on water *eek* thought it strange that water tookages to get to temp when oil was hot in no time

I replaced a sender as it was a bit erratic

worthwhile having as you can see what temp the oil is before giving the engine a good work out *wink*

Mark *wavey*

Penn7's area Stuff

R400 pure fun ( more so with Aero fitted ) Webshots here

Edited by - markiebabes on 6 Sep 2010 20:39:23

The R400 Duratec does not have an oil temperature sender fitted as standard, even those with the Stack dash option. However the wiring is in place in the loom. For a wet sump installation a standard Stack temperature sender can be fitted into the large blue plug on the side of the sump. The wiring tail exits from the engine loom in the vicinity and can then be connected.

A pre-drilled sump plug is available from CC: here

Angus