Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Standard and Quick Rack, number of turns are

Damdy-Cash

I don't think the standard rack is very quick and now see why people want the quick rack. Reason is that, although 2 turns sounds quick, the turning circle is pretty poor so the rack is not actually that much faster than the bulk of tintops that have tighter turning circles with 2.8 turns.

==================================

R400SV in orange - so far unmodified!

Quick question..

Anyone know how to remove or move the lock limiting spacers? I have a widetrack car with a 22% rack. Travel is limited a long way before the cyclewings get near the side of the car.. so I have a lot less lock than i did with the previous standard rack. Makes parking in tight spaces more dicfficult than it used to be.

One of the Duratectives

I don't think the standard rack is very quick and now see why people want the quick rack. Reason is that, although 2 turns sounds quick, the turning circle is pretty poor so the rack is not actually that much faster than the bulk of tintops that have tighter turning circles with 2.8 turns.

Before it was taken over by Autocar, Motor magazine used to include in its road tests the number of turns for a 50 foot circle. This was probably at the time around 1.0 for an average car, so if you had a figure of .75, for example, you knew whether it really was a quicker rack.

Alan

Teenage dreams, so hard to beat.

This is going to sound like a thico question but hell, I'm brave

exactly what is the difference (other than 1.7 to 2 turns lock to lock) between the normal vs. quick rack. or is that it?

On some trips I have made slight misjudging of coming out of a side road (turning right in the main), have resulted in a some fairly quick tooing and froing as I reverse with opposite lock and then have another stab at it 😳

There - asked it and await comments (and probably some abuse 😬 )

Cheers

Mike

07 Plated RoadSport SV 150 in Red with Black nose band and stripe