Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel filter - am I going bonkers??????

Kevsta

Evening all,

With my on-going misfire (probably too long ago for many to remember - it was April), I am changing the fuel filter (embarrassingly I realised it has not been replaced in my ownership of 6 years *redface*

Anyway, I bought a standard Rover fuel filter but the connections don't marry up to the fuel pipes. Is it a different part??

Any advice welcome

Yep, was on Myles' site looking at it too. The insert union in the top doesn't fit but the standard connector that goes into the union fits straight into the filter.... only it is not long enough in the thread to seat the nipple flange thingy.

The bottom connector just laughs at me. I am guessing I have the wrong filter - but I thought it was just a standard rover K filter (Myles' site says Metro though).

Either way I'll be damned if I'm paying £15 plus p&p! *mad*

Kev

May sound stupid but I think from memory the inlet and outlet may be different sizes and make sure flow arrow is in the right direction *redface* ?

I stand to be corrected though 🤔

Looks like the one I used (metro jobby by as per Myles site ) 😬 fairly easy job *thumbup* did the same when I had my misfire,just to be sure *eek*

HTH 😬

Mark *wavey*

Penn7's area Stuff

R400 pure fun ( more so with Aero fitted ) Webshots here

I am interested in this as I have a very occasional misfire and was looking at changing my fuel filter, so come on - sort it out! *tongue*

The Caterham filter's part number is GFE7020, which is the Unipart number.

If you bang that into ebay you get this item which rather helpfully lists out other manufacturer equivalents.

That ebay one is £14 delivered, which makes the £11.19 for Myles' Halfords seem a bargain - Halfords in cheapest source shocker!

D'Oh! - and I have just purchased one from ebay.

Never mind - I will change it (very) early from its 24,000 mile duty cycle.

I should have known you would have tried that - along with everything else *tongue*

Work permitting I hope to see you at your meet next week.

You are right, I have pretty much changed everything

even the wheels and seats!

They didn't make any difference to the misfire either 😬

It would be good to see you next week and while the rest of the team are having a few inside you can help me swap my engine with one from another car - now who do I know that has a K that doesn't misfire?

Damn it, and I was in Halfrauds yesterday. Many thanks guys, looks like I bought the wrong one then. Will give it to my mate with an elise as it probably fits that.

Some interesting spec cars this filters fits...including 620Ti!

Hi Mark, many thanks, yes it is a throw everything at it and hope that one of them works!

BTW, there was an o-ring seal (well two actually) and it fell apart when I took the fittings off the fuel filter, anyone know the best place to get one? I presume they are not standard o-rings as they come into contact with fuel?

Many thanks *thumbup*

Kev

• 2 years later...

Glasgow - the delivery charge was £7 regardless of the number of filters I ordered...so I actually ordered 4!!

Assuming it fits you're welcome to take one for the cost price + 1/4 of the delivery charge? *wink*

Came to £26 (adding VAT) for 4 so say £6 for one?

I can drop it off to you or you can come and collect?

Edited to say - I found the site by searching for the caterham part number GFE7020 - this is the unipart number and is one of the many part numbers listed in the description on the web site I found. So I have taken a punt that it will fit...I'm hoping to change mine in two weeks time, so I will know for definite then.

You're always welcome to take one in the mean time and try it?

Edited by - irrotational on 18 Feb 2013 15:48:55